History

Over 65 years of progress



 hstoria

GIMSA appears in the 50´s under the vision and leadership of Harold R. Pape, to serve the needs of the industry in Monclova, Coahuila.



1951

 hstoria

COMMSA “Construcciones Mecánicas Monclova” (Monclova Mechanical Construction) is established.

1953

 hstoria

LASSA – La Sierrita- is incorporated in the manufacture of metal equipment; and in the same year FUMOSA is established for smelting mill rolls, pans and molds; later known as Enertech Fabricaciones.

1955

 hstoria

Emerges REBASA for the manufacture of lime and fluxes for the steel industry

1956

 hstoria

Automotriz Monclova (Monclova Automotive) is incorporated as part of the Group.

1963

 hstoria

DOMOSA is created for the extraction of limestone and dolomite.

1978

 hstoria

LASSA expands to Tampico, Tamaulipas for the construction of offshore platforms by taking in 1996 the name of Mechanical Constructions Monclova - COMMSA.

1992

 hstoria

AP Automotive Aguascalientes is incorporated.

1999

 hstoria

REBASA Mitras Unit is opened

2000

 hstoria

Emerges COMMSA Maintenance Company

2005

 hstoria

Ferreplus starts operations in Monclova and currently it has presence in different cities of the country. The same year CANESA is funded to extract coal.

2006

 hstoria

GUNDERSON-GIMSA emerge, as part of a joint venture between Monclova Industrial Group and The Greenbrier Companies.

2007

 hstoria

GPA Energy is created.

2014

 hstoria

GSynergy starts operations with the aim of producing ellipsoidal and torispherical metal caps for tanks rail tanks.

2015

 hstoria

Bertran Group is acquired with two lime factories in the center of the Republic, Bertran in Tula, Hidalgo and Queretaro Bernal, Queretaro.

 hstoria

Currently these companies integrate Monclova Industrial Group with more than 6 thousand employees